All carriers and drivers must invest in electronic devices as soon as possible. While some are incredibly happy to do so, a larger segment is reluctant to bid farewell to the faulty yet familiar paper logs. A transition to electronic or e-logs is beneficial. Check out the below-mentioned pointers.
- Owing to technological advancements, switching to electronic logging has become much easier than before. These systems could operate in a seamless manner providing users the opportunity to maintain their status duty, edit if necessary, and include timings whenever they wish.
- Paperless login has managed to acquire widespread recognition all across the globe probably because it is exceptionally easy to use. Although people have to master a few necessary techniques, most ELDs are simple and do not have the confusing features incorporated in a traditional smartphone application.
- Electronic logs save people from the burden of cautiously recording and adjusting information as per conditions. Also the data saved would never be deleted under any circumstance. Modern-day users have admitted that these devices are quite convenient and could be utilized for fabricating IFTA reports, detect generalized trends, and make plans for the future.
- Most drivers are charged with violations related to hours of service (HOS). An increasing number of individuals who have switched to e-logs have admitted that these devices can control tricky damages without any sort of hassle. Integrated with a series of brand-new regulations, an ELD would most surely help one to remain absolutely safe on road.
- Electronic logging is capable of keeping manner and form violations at bay thus bringing down HOS issues to a great extent. When maintained with utmost caution, a driver would be inspected very quickly because the officers in concern can scan as well as verify information chronicled seamlessly.
- Electronic logging devices can most certainly offer protection against coercion. In other words, according to FMCSA, a driver could not be forced by anyone to function disobeying the set protocols.
- Finally an electronic logging device can most surely reduce liabilities. Researches have effectually manifested that recording hours electronically can benefit both the carrier and driver in case they undergo an accident. Even the most careful drivers have said that paper logs could be full of errors thus pave way for wrong accusations.
With a wide range of options readily available, choosing an electronic logging device is quite a difficult task. Rather than arriving at a decision randomly, you must try choosing a functional and affordable product manufactured by well-known brands. Carrying out comprehensive research, seeking specialized recommendations, and then making a purchase is also mandatory.